Mexican Mocha Mousse
• 1 (2 oz.) free2B Chocolate & Crispy Rice Crunch bar, grated
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ¼ cup margarine (look for a vegan, dairy-free, or soy-free version)
• 2/3 cup chickpea flour
• ½ cup tapioca starch
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ cup rice milk
• 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• free2b Blueberry Crunch Snack Breaks, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine the grated Chocolate Crunch Bar, cocoa powder, espresso powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat.
3. Sift together the chickpea flour and tapioca starch. Whisking constantly, gradually add the flour mixture to the saucepan.
Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the sugar to the pan and whisk to combine.
5. Whisking constantly, gradually add the rice milk and vanilla extract. Cook over medium heat until thickened and just bubbly.
6. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Immediately whisk the chocolate mixture into the saucepan until melted and smooth.
7. Pour the mousse into small bowls or glasses and allow them to cool. Chill for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with Blueberry Crunch Snack Breaks.