Chocolate SunButter Krispy Snacks
Chocolate Sunbutter Krispy Snacks
- 6 C. Gluten-free Crispy Rice Cereal
- 2 C. Aquafaba Fluff (recipe follows)
- 1 C. Sunbutter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Soy-free Vegan Butter Spread, melted
- ½ C. Sunbutter
- 12 oz. free2b Chocolate Bars
- 6-8 Sun Cups, diced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Aquafaba Fluff, ½ of the Sunbutter and vegan butter spread. Add the rice cereal and fully incorporate.
- Pour the rice cereal mixture into an 8×8 square pan and gently press until the surface is smooth.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate bars and whisk in the rest of the Sunbutter.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto the rice cereal and top with Sunbutter cups.
- Before cutting and serving, allow the Krispy Snacks to rest at room temperature until the topping is set.
- Liquid from 1 can of garbanzo beans
- ½ C. Sugar, finely blended
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- Using a hand mixer, beat the bean liquid 10 minutes, until thickened and forming stiff peaks.
- Continue mixing the aquafaba, slowly adding the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the xanthan gum and mix for 1 additional minute.